2008年11月5日 星期三

Dealing with death the Mexican way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7067487.stm


My Reactions:
Are you afraid of death? If your answer is yes, then what are you afraid of? I think many people will answer that I haven’t made my dreams come true, I haven’t earned enough money, I haven’t enjoyed my life yet, etc. The image of death in Chinese culture is always disappointed and dreadful. Usually, black is the best color to describe the feeling in people’s heart.

However, in Latin America, especially in Mexico, they image death in a totally different way. They don’t fear dying but they don’t recommend, either. Interestingly, they think it offers opportunities and challenges. Therefore, they celebrate it to as a chance to pass into a afterlife, and they do some artefacts to show their thinking about death. They even have a museum to exhibit these artefacts.

In my opinion, I’m also afraid of the noun. It seems that everything is over in one second. As I am young, I haven’t done anything in my life yet. Maybe it’s the reason why I fear for thinking about that. On the other hand, death is not the end of my life because it is a necessary process that everyone will have. The thing we have to pay much more attention to is whether we live every day richly or not. I think the death won’t be so scared if my life is rich and happy, and I can do everything I interest in. As a result, I think I can treat death in a more optimistic way. (251words)

沒有留言: